- Support Xyce simulator. Xyce is an open source, SPICE-compatible, high-performance analog circuit simulator, capable of solving extremely large circuit problems developed at Sandia National Laboratories. Xyce will make PySpice suitable for industry a research use.
- Improve unit : rebase unit to Numpy array (ongoing)
3.2. Some ideas for the future¶
These features are planned in the future:
- Improve the analyse experience
- Complete Spice expression parser
- Complete missing devices and simulations
- Jupyter notebook examples
Some other ideas are:
- Implement a Modelica backend. Modelica is a very interesting solution for transient analysis.
The implementation of a simulator in Python is not planned since it would be too challenging to release a full featured and proved simulator. However you could look at the project Ahkab which aims to implement such Python based simulator. Notice any of the projects like Ngspice or Ahkab are compliant with industrial quality assurance processes.